[Jacob-list] judging criteria for mixed breed classes

Brenalan Farm info at brenalanfarm.com
Sun Aug 26 19:12:37 EDT 2007

I would have thought that in a mixed breed class each sheep would be judged for conformance to its own breed standard. I guess I've been to a lot more dog shows than sheep shows- but when choosing for best of group or best of show, they don't judge all dogs compared to one standard. A poodle and a St. Bernard shouldn't have much in common! Doesn't it work the same way for mixed sheep classes, looking to see whether the Jacob is a better Jacob compared to how good a Romney the Romney is?

Brenda