[Jacob-list] Judges

Sue Roenke oliveoyl_123 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:41:48 EDT 2007

Our experience at our 4H Fair the end of July was very good as far as the
judge was concerned. He was the same judge we had the year before and didn't
seem to know much about Jacobs last year, he bascially picked the biggest
one (same as our experience at the NY State Fair), but this year, the judge
studied up on Jacobs and he knew so much more of what is standard for
Jacobs! We were judged againist Border Leisters. So, Marie actually won 4
trophies with her Jacobs this year - never expecting that at all! Marie
went up to the judge afterwards and he said he didn't know what she did
different this year but her sheep looked much better. She ahs been grazing
them with Premier electric fencing so maybe that helped, but I think also
having him study about Jacobs made a difference too! One of the questions
he asked Marie was where was the secetary of the JSBA live, which of course
she knew. :-)
Sue (and Marie)