[Jacob-list] two or four horns jacobs

Hirschi Monika mjphirschi at dplanet.ch
Mon Aug 6 15:14:32 EDT 2007

I cannot tell you about my own experiences as a breeder I only start with
jacobs. But on the way to find good nice
rams ore ewes I often stop on two horns because they look more balanced and
the ewe with their stronger
horns give me a picture I am used to. But perhaps I will have once also a 4
h ram. I think it is much more
difficult to find one with regular horns than it is by 2 horns. Also the
ewes (what I saw....and this is not so much)
seems to have very fine horns which are not always in a nice position.

Anyway I will fly in a little more than two weeks to Hamburg in Germany to
visit some breeders and hopefully find a good foundation flock.

By the way: It is very disappointing having judges in any breed which seems
not be informed about the breed.
We also see this sometimes in dogshows.

Greetings
Monika