[Jacob-list] Thank you..

Francis Martinez fabrega at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 25 11:53:49 EDT 2007

Thank you for all your helpful emails. Needless to say my friend has placed the sheep that she was going to bring over on a website to sell. Since, I started learning more and I am fascinated by the Jaboc breed since it dates back to a very long time ago-my son went to Isra'el about 4 years ago and saw them there in the fields and he told me that the picrtures he saw on the website reminded him of the sheep he saw in Isra'el. My girlfriend has decided that I cannot buy her shetland ram nor her 1/2 shetland and 1/2 icelandic mother and daughter because she will not expose her sheep to the "bullies". She feels that the Jacob will mane or even destroy her sheep-I told her she needed to what she felt is best for her flock. Shea also stated that she knows all the breeders of sheep in WA. State and has much more exdperience and every breeder will push their breed as being a better one. She even sent me an article from the University of Oklahoma where as I read the article
there was nothing in there about the "bullies" as she stated to me. I have to still enclosed an area of my acrea where the barn is for them and it will be a couple of months for me to get all this done. Being disabled makes it a bit more difficult. Also, I am pretty much alone here in Deer Park, WA. and it hard at times to do things and meet people. Are there any sheep breeders near by? I do not drive far because of my limitations but I love animals and I am looking forward to having my sheep. I met a lady that is cutting down on her flock and she has two Jacob Ewes for me but they will not be ready for two months which is fine for me and I would have to find a way to get them here from OR. Your help, suggestions and advice is very, very important and welcomed by me..I do want to belong to a group that gets together near by and share more. I also want to learn to shear them and to spin their yran and learn to use it. Thank you again,,I am very open to more advice
or comments or help. Sincerely, Francie by the way my mother's last name: Brevis(s is silent) is what I use as part of my last name and it is Basque from Spain and it means a baby sheep. Francie Brevis-Martinez