[Jacob-list] bullies in the pasture

Mark Essen messen at socket.net
Wed Apr 25 10:12:24 EDT 2007

I have two dozen Jacobs sheep mixed in with a bit over one dozen mixed
breed sheep, mostly dorset, texel, and dorper. I keep only Jacobs rams,
so I can not tell you how the various rams would behave, but the ewes
are all perfect ladies. Every once in a while I hear that Jacobs are
mean aggressive sheep, but after asking more questions, the comment
usually comes from somebody with very limited experience. Some
individual sheep may be overly aggressive, or overly timid, but as a
breed, I find Jacobs to be very docile. As somebody else suggested,
spread out the feed so that all can eat at the same time in peace.
By the way, when I have trouble sleeping, I try counting spots.
--
Mark Essen
Famous Acres
messen at socket.net
Jacobs 4-Horn Sheep, Pygmy Goats, Pyrenees, Peafowl, Highland Cattle,
Yak, Emu, Wallaroo, Wallabies, Patagonian Cavies, Llama, Capybara,
Muntjac,Elk,Red deer, and Fallow Deer all living together in the Kingdom
of Callaway