[Jacob-list] help??

Robert May newjerseyjacobs at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 09:33:36 EDT 2007

Good Morning Linda & Francis...

We've been raising CVMs and Jacobs for the past 5
years, and (other than at breeding tims) will have
Jacob ewes and CVM ewes together; Jacob rams and CVM
rams are also put together in a pasture.

I've never witnessed any "bullying" by the Jacobs
against the CVMS. The "normal" behavior of our two
breeds, is that the CVMs will tend to go off in a
group, and the Jacobs in another; however, at feeding
time, they all come running for the grain; but no
bullying.

Our flock includes about 50 Jacobs and 20 CVMs, so
I've had plenty of opportunities to witness the
behavior of--at least--these two breeds.

Definitely don't judge the entire breed on the
behavior of two Jacobs.

Regards,
Bob May
JSBA President