[Jacob-list] help??

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Apr 25 06:42:50 EDT 2007

I hope someone that raises two breeds will jump in here. There a number of breeders on this list with two breeds.

Two Jacobs isn't really enough to make a judgment. Maybe they came from the same farm and were spoiled (or were bottle babies) or were just from an aggressive line. Jacob Sheep are VERY individual, both in appearance and in attitude. I've got a couple of bully ewes, along with a number of very polite ewes. Some friendly ewes, some spooky ewes. Any time new sheep (of any breed, I'd guess) are introduced, they will establish a hierarchy.

I believe there a number of Jacob breeders in your area. Check out http://www.jsba.org/northwest.htm The breeders will be able to help you choose a Jacob with the personality to fit your needs.

Don't be turned off to Jacobs because of one person's experience with two Jacobs! They are great sheep!

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com