[Jacob-list] thin ewe

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 20 10:44:34 EDT 2006

I gave her the recommended dose of Ivermectin.  when mandy died she did not
look wormy, her eyelids were pink, not red but not really pale either.

Yes lots of grain, when i got mandy she her condition was way less than 1,
just wool draped over bone, not very heavy either, sharon (the one we're
dealing with now) was about a 2, but now is below a 1.  I'm trying to get
her fattened, i did it slowly and here stool is fine, firm pellets, not soft
clumps.  This much grain was suggested by someone on the list with a ewe in
my condition.

she is about 4 years now, full teeth i think, sharon is not as friendly as
mandy was, mandy died with a full good set of teeth.

One thing i forgot was mandy was fading, still standing but droopy about 24
hours before death she started grinding her teeth, i guess a reflex action?
is that anything unusual?

The hay is just plain hay, graas with some clover and alfalfa, not great but
it never got rained on.  I'm haying them just so I know she is eating a lot.

I will keep you updated
tom