[Jacob-list] Lazy gardener

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Mon May 22 13:27:02 EDT 2006

--Gillian wrote:
>I garden organically so I was wondering about letting the girls in to do
some preliminary
>clean up for me but I don't want them to eat the garlic. Do folks
>think they will stay away from it?
===========
Probably wouldn't be a problem cleaning up your garden; however, I did read
about a case where the sheep got nitrate poisoning.  I forgot what it was
the sheep ate, or maybe they just got too much.  Perhaps they ate old,
decomposed leaves.  You might want to Google "nitrate poisoning in
livestock" and read about it, if it is there.  Perhaps someone on the list
knows more.  I should research it too, I forgot the symptoms and the cure.
One of the ingredients in Pepto-Bismol binds toxins and it is removed from
the body.
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho