[Jacob-list] lazy gardener

Penelope pcj at efn.org
Mon May 22 09:38:22 EDT 2006

Sometime around 02:35 5/22/2006, Gillian Fuqua typed:
>We have had lots of rain and I am way behind in my veggie garden
>prep.  The beds are surrounded by giant dandelions and clover.  The
>only thing in there right now is young garlic.  I garden organically
>so I was wondering about letting the girls in to do some preliminary
>clean up for me but I don't want them to eat the garlic.  Do folks
>think they will stay away from it?

Ours were in our yard (posted pictures for family at one point titled
"weed and feed" :-), and started out very nicely eating only the
grass.  Then moved on to the garlic, the roses, the onions, and a few
other things I really didn't want them to fix.  So we fixed the short
in the electric fence and got them shorn, and that took care of the
weed and feed gone overboard.

--
"...Shine my life like a light..." (the indigo girls)

"...true revolutionaries, never bomb buildings.
it attracts too much attention..." (Dan Bern)

Penelope Jacob mailto:pcj at efn.org or mailto:penelope at dreamsandbones.net

The circle is open but unbroken.

http://www.dreamsandbones.net/blog