[Jacob-list] Rabies Shot

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Tue May 16 10:02:25 EDT 2006

I'm in Kathey's area and I haven't vaccinated my sheep against rabies, but quite a few goat owners in this area do vaccinate. My goatherd neighbor explained that since so many dairy goat kids are bottled raised, interactions with goats tend to include alot closer contact than with sheep.  When I feed her goats, they are always mouthing my hands and fingers, pushing me down and drooling on my face, things like that.  Since salvia is a main transmission fluid for rabies,  alot of goat owners are more comfortable with vaccinating their goats.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com