[Jacob-list] HELP! Springtime Problems

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Mar 22 21:46:07 EST 2006

Are you talking about being "knuckled under"? Where the sheep is walking on its pasterns with hooves pointing backwards?  If I'm understanding what you are saying, I thought that was a sign of nerve damage.  I had a ram manage to wrap himself in a poorly installed strand of electric fence that broke  and wrapped around him 10 or 11 years ago.  He suffered pretty severe nerve damage, but did survive and managed to stand again after three weeks of intensive therapy.  Shortly thereafter his first lambs were born.  He didn't survive that!

How old were your lambs when they died?

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com