[Jacob-list] Cleaning fleeces

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 6 21:39:50 EST 2006

--Original message--
>Cover 'em!!!
>:
>It's not as expensive as it sounds and it'll save you lots of time and
excedrin or ibuprofen or
>aspirin... just the savings in painkillers getting rid of the headaches
you'll have in dealing
>with filthy fleeces is probably enough to justify the cost of the coats :-)
=========
If only we could...... I have heard from people who gave up on the coats.
They rip to shreds in just a few weeks.  It depends on how your farm is set
up and the kind of vegetation on it.  We have a lot of brush, some with
thorns.  We also have a lot of wire fencing.  The sheep are always
scratching themselves on the fences and posts.  A coat here would last
about three days.

These posts have been very helpful.  Our fleeces are so full of VM that few
people want to deal with it.  I only have one very loyal customer.  I will
have to process it myself.  I have also recently learned to spin and just
bought a Lendrum spinning wheel.  Now I need some of my clean Jacob roving.
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho