[Jacob-list] poor sellers

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Jun 26 18:13:03 EDT 2006

Only one time have I ever had any problem with a buyer - and never with a
seller. Jacob people are among the best you can work with.

The one time I had the problem was related to a reasonable pickup time. It
wasn't really even that I didn't want to hold the ewe any longer - it was
that I got tired of waiting around all day for him to show up.  It was
especially irritating after we moved and the ewe was at the other place.
After that I did consider putting a deadline for pickup, but since every
other buyer (or seller) has been considerate enough to let me know when
plans change, it hasn't really been necessary. Lots of people call and talk
for an hour - it's part of promoting Jacobs to talk to them.  I get calls
from people that aren't anywhere near me.  They just want to talk Jacobs and
ask me who has Jacobs in there area.  Promoting the breed often involves
promoting sheep from someone else's flock :-)

I don't consider deposits to be refundable unless the animal I'm selling has
a problem.

Linda

Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep