[Jacob-list] bloody nose!

Lynette Frick lynettefrick at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 00:41:22 EDT 2006

Hi Tom,
I know your situation all to well. My two year old ewe does the exact same
thing and has since around February, I don't know if she did this before
I purchased her though. It scared me so bad I called the only vet
that handles sheep around here and he said it was probably nose bots, but he
also thought that my Jacobs were goats. Either way I gave her a good dose of
Ivomec drench and dosed her again 14 days later. She got another bloody nose
the day before she lambed (mid Feb.), and again yesterday. Like you we have
been dealing with severe heat wave with temps. between 99 -110F. but it was
nice and mild during the earlier incidents.

Lynette
IDEAL FARM