[Jacob-list] bloody nose!

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 16 20:23:19 EDT 2006

seems i'm doing all the posting this week...

one of my four year old ewes has a bloody nose, just noticed and did not see
anything a few hours ago.  funny enough i was looking at her teeth earlier
so definitly would have noticed.  She is acting fine eating like normal no
funny head shakes or anything but there is bloody smeared on the water tank,
the back of a lamb and on her front feet.  it is all over her face i think
from grazing.

we are in the middle of a long heat wave, 30s with lots of flies and
humidity, only seems to be coming from one nostril (her right) not running
when i was looking but looked goopy and not just pure blood.

could it be a burst vessel from heat stress?
nose bots? little late for them no?

any ideas?
Tom