[Jacob-list] free sheep

Joseph Laughlin phl2jdl at msn.com
Thu Jul 13 11:31:08 EDT 2006

I have a JSBA registered yearling Jacob ram that I am offering free to a good Jacob home.  He has an excellent soft fleece but it's still within breed standards, very flashy, lots of color.  He has perfectly fused horns - he is a 4 horn but looks like a 2 horn. Never had a fused 4-horn before.  He is not a large ram, is halter broke, leads well with or without a halter, was one of my daughter's 4-H sheep. Our flock is OPP neg., foot rot free, located in Southern NJ. If interested e-mail me at phl2jdl at msn.com<mailto:phl2jdl at msn.com>  I am also interested in borrowing a 4-horn ram for breeding this fall. I'm looking for a ram with all 3 facial markings and color on his legs. I plan on breeding only 3-4 ewes but the ones I want to breed this year are related to my flock ram.  Due to pasture stress we are reducing our permanent flock numbers and I want to keep my aged ram for now but would be willing to lend him in return or pay a lease fee for your ram. My aged ram is a large, structurally correct 2-horn, with an excellent fleece, (was best fleeced Jacob at Md. S&W 2005) and has passed his nice fleece on to his offspring. He tested RR at codon 171.  Could exchange him at the Garden State (NJ) show in Sept. or deliver to a reasonably located farm for exchange. Note that he is the sire of the fused 4-horn. Also have two very nice fleeced, structurally correct 3/4 Border Leicester/1/4 Corriedale yearling rams again available for free to good homes (we need to cut down!) Excellent temperaments, halter broke.  The n/c has a finer fleece, the white has a lockier fleece (like Santa Claus curls). If interested e-mail me. Jo Ann Laughlin