[Jacob-list] Lamb harness sellers

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 11 23:42:59 EDT 2006

>Those are like the ones from Hoegger.  They used to sell then as llama
halters, but the goat people liked them so much that they >don't call them
llama halters anymore.  I have a couple and I like them way better than
what I bought as a sheep halter.  My >sheep aren't halter broken - I just
use the halters to tie one when I need to.  The sheep halters twisted
around until the brass links >would be at eye level.

>Linda
=========
Yes, that is the type I am looking for.  Thanks.  I will also check out
usefullamaitems.com.  Yesterday I was moving the ram lamb and wether from
the ewe/lamb pen to the other pen with the 'other guys' (older rams,
wethers).  I really needed that harness!  The 'boys' really pull and jump
around.  Hanging onto the horns is not enough; besides sometimes they break
off of young lambs.  You're correct about the larger sheep halters twisting
around until the brass links are at eye level on the older sheep.  Someone
wrote that the sheep halters are actually designed for cows, not sheep.  No
wonder I have trouble with them.  Thanks all for finding these harnesses
and from good, reputable dealers.
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho