[Jacob-list] Sheep transport in CA

rlynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Sat Jan 14 12:28:57 EST 2006

>From the To/From info I'm not sure if the following message went to the Jacob list or not. However, I'm 1 mile off the highway that she'll be traveling. If anyone south of I-80 (SF-Sacramento corridor) needs a ram here's a way to get one. I have 4 registered rams for sale. They're not all pictured on my website right now but I could send photos.

Margaret writes: "I will be heading south next weekend with an empty 4-horse trailer from SW Oregon to Palm Springs, CA.  If anyone has animals that need transport I MAY be able to help you out.  I will not go over the Siskiyous if they are icy or snow packed.  I will have to take Hwy 101, if it is not closed by mudslides.

If I take I-5 I will be stopping at the junction out of the San Francisco Bay area to pick up a passenger.  I think it is a connection with 580.  I will have to look at a map.  I do not like to haul a trailer through the LA traffic so I head East at Bakersfield on Hwy 58 over the Tehachapi Pass to Hwy 395 and down the Cajon Pass through San Bernardino to I-10.

I have facilities for livestock at my house near Palm Springs to off-load temporarily.  It is fenced, has shelter and water.

Any animals must have health certificates, halters and lead ropes or crates.  Feed must be supplied by owner."
Margaret

Robin Lynde
Meridian Jacobs
Vacaville, CA