[Jacob-list] empty trailer on I-5

Margaret Wilson booldawgs at cavenet.com
Fri Jan 13 22:28:50 EST 2006

I will be heading south next weekend with an empty 4-horse trailer from SW Oregon to Palm Springs, CA.  If anyone has animals that need transport I MAY be able to help you out.  I will not go over the Siskiyous if they are icy or snow packed.  I will have to take Hwy 101, if it is not closed by mudslides.

If I take I-5 I will be stopping at the junction out of the San Francisco Bay area to pick up a passenger.  I think it is a connection with 580.  I will have to look at a map.  I do not like to haul a trailer through the LA traffic so I head East at Bakersfield on Hwy 58 over the Tehachapi Pass to Hwy 395 and down the Cajon Pass through San Bernardino to I-10.

I have facilities for livestock at my house near Palm Springs to off-load temporarily.  It is fenced, has shelter and water.

Any animals must have health certificates, halters and lead ropes or crates.  Feed must be supplied by owner.

Margaret