[Jacob-list] Mangles/beets

crackerdst at surfglobal.net crackerdst at surfglobal.net
Wed Feb 8 11:29:42 EST 2006

   Mangles area type of giant beet which used to be extensively grown for
livestock feed before the days of store-bought feed . I had a hard time
finding the seeds . I got the idea from an old farm management book
dating from the last century , my goal being to get the farm more self
sustaining , less dependent on cash-flow.
   The info about beets being poisonous is out of a recently published
book by Chuck Wooster , " Living with Sheep " page 52 . It's a really
good book , very enjoyable with wonderful photos. I wonder if I can
e-mail this guy .? D