[Jacob-list] sheep polio

Katherine Wisor creeksendfarm at mac.com
Sat Feb 4 21:44:36 EST 2006

  What a week >  paralysis = treatment of Thiamine , b12, pen,
Dexasone  2cc each>  recovery completely ambulatory in 3 hours which
lasted 4 days to total relapse.  Repeat  treatment hoping for the
same result > some improvement   not like the first time in fact
barely noticeable improvement.  Called vet again to mention WMD ,
Thursday my day off > Drove to Cornelus to the vet to pick up Bo-Se
1/2 cc.  gave lamb . No noticeable recovery.  Close friend and
coworker goes in for tests friday ends up with 5 way Coronary  by
pass >to the hospital at 11 am home at 1 AM Now it's  SAT ,try first
treatment again within 2 hours lamb can hold up upper toro without
help.  Can't wait till tomorrow!    Still can't determine WHAT
disease is the culprit .   Now 3 weeks old .  Tail intact ,
vaccinated for tetanus at one week old.   Still takes a  bottle
well.  Hide quarters more effected that front and head.  Although is
totally flaccid  a few days after  treatment .  More Idea's ????
Thanks >K