[Jacob-list] alfalfa pellets

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 19:07:14 EST 2006

I've also used Blue Seal alfalfa pellets with my horse
and sheep. Used with a ewe several years ago who had a
rough time with pregnancy and delivery. Supplemented
her sweet feed.

Have found if the sheep choke with pellets, moistening
them seems to help, they then eat the mush. BUT you
have to then clean the feed bins/troughs if they don't
eat them all, so mush doesn't spoil (especially here
in hot weather).

Noticed tonight when I fed one of my border leicester
ewes is getting HUGE! I am SO ready for lambs this
year! Didn't have any last year due to a young ram.

When does everyone expect their lambing to begin/end.
I'm curious if it's the same country wide, or if our
Jacobs cycle at different times depending upon the
climate.

Joy
www.shepherdofspots.com
Home of The Fiber Flock