[Jacob-list] Hay issue

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Dec 16 19:35:32 EST 2006

Around here, I'm thrilled with a 50 lb bale. Alot of local hay is fairly stemy and lighter. Good bermuda hay runs around 50 lbs a bale ($4 to $5). I bought three bales of hay last year a local feed store without looking at it. I was getting ready to drive around to the hay barn when I saw the guy walking towards my car - one bale in each hand and one under his arm. I am not making this up!

I've used alfalfa pellets ever since I've had sheep, except for one year. They seem to be a good alternative to hay in my area.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com