[Jacob-list] Your experience with other mailing lists

CARL FOSBRINK carlfosbrink at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 09:06:22 EST 2006

Thank you so much for hosting the Jacob List in the past and we hope you will find a way to continue the wonderful job you have done with it.

Carl & Judy Fosbrink
4Horn Farm's Jacob Sheep

Williams Family <williams at jacobsheep.com> wrote:
I am hearing about more and more problems with the Jacob-list. As I've told some of you, I can no longer use the adminstrative system that runs the list, so I can't troubleshoot or be of much help to anybody. We are also receiving many hundreds of spam messages every day (which you don't see, but I do). I'm beginning to wonder if it's time to move the list to another mailing list provider.

Does anybody have experience with other mailing lists that they'd like to share? Any services you love? hate? Possible alternatives include Google Groups http://groups.google.com/, Yahoo groups http://groups.yahoo.com , others. If we change, my preference is whatever is the easiest for me and for everybody who has already subscribed.

Would anybody like to make a recommendation or take over the administrative duties? Let's discuss in the list and aim to make a change at the end of the year.

- Mark Williams
(a weary) Jacob-list administrator