[Jacob-list] showing sheep with freckles?

Unzicker runzicker at erols.com
Thu Apr 20 08:30:29 EDT 2006

Linda,
My experience is similar to what Cheryl said.   Since Jacobs are shown with wool breeds, wool is what the judges look at most.   It seems many freckled sheep have really nice fleeces.   I have often seen freckled sheep place higher than unfreckled sheep.    Also, most judges do not know a lot about Jacobs so they may not realize some breeders consider that a undesirable trait.  Eventhough it is acceptable in ewes,  I still do not prefer it but I do have some Jacobs I consider really nice that have varying amount of freckles.
Good luck,
Royal