[Jacob-list] showing sheep with freckles?

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Apr 19 19:10:42 EDT 2006

For those that show Jacobs - are you penalized for freckles?  I've been thinking (not terribly seriously) about showing a few Jacobs at SAFF (Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair) in Asheville, NC this fall.  What I would consider the best ewe show prospect born this year is sold.  The four horned ewe lamb that I am considering showing has a wonderful type A fleece, nicely spaced horns, is nicely marked,  but is freckled.  Jacobs are shown at SAFF in open class, so she would not be shown in an all  Jacob class.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com