[Jacob-list] Ivermectin and synthetic pyrethroids

Kathryn Shirley humbug7 at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 17 13:25:37 EDT 2006

I use the same treatment:  short hair cut (at least two inches beyond the
strike zone), peroxide, pick out the maggots (tweezers help with the small
fast ones--ewww).  Job is really gross and has left me retching more than
once.  Fortunately just three cases in 18 years.

I do also spray the skin when I'm done picking with tame iodine
(non-stinging kind) to help dry up the area.  Usually the area is damp from
the maggots  and the iodine helps to dry it out quicker.

Nolvasan would probably do the same thing (teat dip, not surgical scrub).

Kate Shirley
Humbug Farm