[Jacob-list] Ivermectin and synthetic pyrethroids

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Mon Apr 17 11:18:03 EDT 2006

Actually, with flystrike, I just catch the sheep, put on rubber gloves, give
the sheep a haircut, spill hydrogen peroxide on the area in question and
pick out the maggots as they come to the surface.  It works...time
consuming, perhaps, but it is pretty easy to get them all, especially if you
find it quickly, and I spend time during flystrike season each day looking
at the sheep, for telltale signs. (And I MEAN tellTAIL signs: I have found
that one of the advantages to keeping tails on is that if they should get
flystrike, which has only happened here three times, once without tail, two
with...the tail gets a ring around it of dirty fleece, below where you'd
crop it, were it cropped, and each time, it was flystrike caught early.