[Jacob-list] Lice??

Karen karen at benjaminfarms.com
Wed Apr 12 10:46:35 EDT 2006

    We use guennia hens, chickens(which also get lice) and ducks for bug
control.  I have also been experimenting with a concoction of sweet tree
oil and a vegetable oil (olive oil) on the skin.  I do not know if it
works yet.  My hope is that the lice will suffocate in the oil and also
the oil will penetrate the skin to help sooth and heal the skin.  I am
using this solution right after shearing.  I think it is
helping......... but I need more time and another application.  I have
found the commercial drench must burn the skin.  They were so red
afterworlds.
Karen Sigler
Benjamin Farms  Utah