[Jacob-list] Getting Started

MLHofer at aol.com MLHofer at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 06:13:04 EST 2005

Hello I am getting some Jacob sheep in the spring.  Can not  wait.  I have
never owned sheep but use to raise goats when I was a  kid.  I have aprox 1.5
acres that I am going to fence in.  1 acre is  woods that we are getting trimmed
down. My concern is not having sufficent grass  for them is it ok to feed hay
in replacement from grass?  We are planning  to plant grass seeds what is the
best seeds we should get to better help the  Jacobs.  I am only getting 3
jacobs in the spring to start.  what kind  of hay should I get.  Right now I feed
my minitures timothy and he does  very well on it.  Thank you for any
information you can give me I want to  know as much as I can before the they arrive.
Shel