[Jacob-list] acorns

Christopher Brantley labradorridgejacobs at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 07:29:18 EST 2005

Around here, the locust are an easy answer... the bark has a sweet taste to it. Even people that try it have to admit it has a nice flavor. Pine seems bitter to me though.

I've tried to quit worrying about such though, it sems that nature takes care of itself on such matters... and me too! I wanted all those trees (except the pines) taken out. Locusts are terribly thorny and hard to work around! It may just be the girl's way of helping me landscpe the pasture to their taste!

Linda <patchworkfibers at alltel.net> wrote:
At our old farm, the sheep were awful about girdling the trees.  They would take their horns and scrape the tree trunk until they would work a little piece loose enough that they could catch it with their teeth and peel it.  For some reason,  they have not damaged a single tree here in Tiger.  I don't the foggiest idea of why they destroyed trees there, but not here.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com