[Jacob-list] Question on horns

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Fri May 6 07:58:34 EDT 2005

"Environmental factors" are the bane of all geneticists.

We have had a 6 horned ram here that have 6 solid horns, but only on a large
boned animal. The smaller framed animals tend to have weaker secondary and
tertiary horns. The horn precursor material seems to be spread out among the
horn number. It seems that the actual horn mass changes little as the number
of horns increases.

Neal on a mid-morning coffee break.
North Carolina