[Jacob-list] breeding ewe lambs

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Mar 9 20:57:39 EST 2005

I bred or don't bred ewe lambs based on a number of factors.  Almost always, my ewe lambs are in condition that I feel comfortable breeding them.  But, of course, I would not breed a puny ewe lamb.  Actually, probably would not keep a puny ewe lamb.  Some years I want to keep X number of ewes, but only want to have X-4 ewes lambing.  The ewes I choose to hold back are the weanlings cause that seems to make the most sense.

Linda
www.patchworkfibers.com