[Jacob-list] Sample of Fleece

rlynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Wed Mar 9 15:57:43 EST 2005

To register with JSBA you need to send photos that show both sides. It is possible to get away with only 2 photos if the sheep is positioned so that the face can be clearly seen in one of the side views and the rear is seen in the other side view. It may be easier to just take the 2 side views, a rear view and one of the face. When you look at the photos if you can't make something out clearly, then the inspectors won't either, so it's important to have good photos. I think from your e-mail you are talking about a photo of the fleece sample. To register a ram you need to send the actual fleece sample, not a photo. Just part the wool and cut a small area (say 1") right near the skin--do this on the side of the ram, a little above half way up his side. Put the fleece in a plastic bag and attach it to the form.

I am the registrar for JSBA. Please contact me if you have any more questions. rlynde at onramp113.org
Robin Lynde
Meridian Jacobs
Vacaville, CA