[Jacob-list] Lambs

Victor Zdeb zdeb at eoni.com
Sat Mar 5 23:27:12 EST 2005

The Albino ram lamb is doing well (born on 2/28) and my "bummer" lamb (born
on 2/11) is doing well.  I take Wilson (the bummer lamb) out to play with
his 1/2 siblings ,since they all have the same sire, for a couple of hours
every day.  My question is what is the recommended time of weaning?  I was
figuring around 5 weeks old.  We now have 15 lambs in the field and one in
the house. All eight ewes are done for the year and Wilson , by the
numbers, belongs to a first time ewe that had a ewe lamb at the same day
since every one else had lambs at different dates.   Only one had a single
and one had triplets.   Everyone else had twins.

Victor Zdeb
zdeb at eoni.com