[Jacob-list] Genetics?

Christopher Brantley labradorridgejacobs at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 21:29:54 EST 2005

OK... hearing about the lambs thusfar born and the stick from which they come from has arose a deep abiding curiosity for me regarding the genetics of Jacobs and their horns.

I'm certain from what I have read on this list that there are at least two folks that can answer the question, so here it is:

Which would prove dominate in the genetics 2-horns, or 4? Or is there a dominate/recessive marker with Jacobs horns. What typical combination thereby leads to 6-horned animals?

Speaking of 6-horns, does anyone have a photo of a 6-horned Jacob they could share? I've been asked about it, but have not found any good photo to show people.

Along the same line of questioning, I would presume brown to be the dominate eye color, with the occassional blue being recessive? I've not actually seen (to my knowledge) a blue eyed Jacob, but would imagine them to be impressive.

Thanks,
Chris

http://mail.yahoo.com