[Jacob-list] No Eye Patch

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Fri Jul 8 18:33:19 EDT 2005

Your new girl sounds lovely!

I like visual diversity in my flock.  I'm certainly not willing to give up hardiness and mothering skills.  I still want four strong horns, but place wide swept laterals above symmetry.  Good fleece is a priority, but I've been known to keep a ewe with a mediocre fleece if she brings some other special trait to the flock.  And I love the different types of fleeces that Jacobs provide.   What other breed will give me the soft, silky fleeces I like for weaving and the crimpier, bouncy fleeces I like for crochet and machine knitting?

JSBA and JSC each give us a wide range of acceptable markings.  And I got to admit I like having my flock run the range of acceptable markings.  It's part of what I like about the breed.  I would not want to have a whole flock with no leg markings, or no eye patches, but I don't think I'd really like to have a whole flock of "perfectly" marked sheep.

Linda
What's New at Patchwork Farm?