[Jacob-list] Lambs

Melody critterland at bendcable.com
Tue Jan 18 17:34:10 EST 2005

I don't know if time of year has any bearing on singles/twins--but another
question:  do you really find that flushing results in more twins?  The
first 2 years I had Jacobs I flushed. I have not done so for 3 years now,
and don't see any difference.  I still get twins except for the occasional
first-timer who breeds a bit early and then singles.  (of course now that I
have said that, this year I'll get all singles LOL)   I breed for late
March/early April lambs.
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR

Shannon wrote:   .......  I flushed the same as in past years - pasture and
then 3-4 weeks before putting the ewes with the rams feed alfalfa.  Are we
seeing more singles because of the time of year that we bred?  >