[Jacob-list] Lambs

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 23 15:15:14 EST 2005

You don't say how old your ewes are or when and how many lambs they had
last year. Over the years, I've noticed, first timers usually have
singles. A lot of my ewes tend to alternate twins (or triplets) one
year, a single the next year. I always thought that even though all my
ewes have a condition score of 3 or above (or I wouldn't breed them),
that its harder on their systems to have twins or triplets and they
have a single to regain some strength and condition.
Debbie
Feral Fibre Farm
Oakland, Oregon