[Jacob-list] Re: ewe down

A. Marshall and J. Noles marshallandnoles at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 10:53:28 EST 2005

I was extremely interested in reading the responses to Rich's
question as I have a ewe lamb exhibiting the same symptoms.  However,
NONE of the responses given on the list would appear to apply!

1.  There is no chance this lamb is anywhere near delivery, she isn't
even bred

2. There has not been drought here (very much rain)

3.  Unlikely to be mold toxicity as the same hay is being fed to 55
other sheep, horses & a cow without any problems

4. Again, protien and energy levels seem adequate to meet the needs
of the 55 other sheep (fat & sassy, nice healthy lambs, etc)

???? Could there be something like a genetic problem showing up in
some Jacobs, in that certain individuals have "different"
requirements - more sensitive to ??? or missing or too much of
something????

This particular ewe lamb has also not grown significantly since she
was purchased last summer, though the other lambs we got from the
same farm are doing quite well.  We are perplexed.

John Noles
Red Dragon Farm
Mount Vernon, KY