[Jacob-list] Lambs

Victor Zdeb zdeb at eoni.com
Thu Feb 24 17:50:02 EST 2005

I have been raising Jacobs for 3 years and have not heard of this situation.
This morning I found a lamb by himself so I carried him out to the
ewes.  One of my ewes ran up to him, started licking him and stomped her
foot at me when I got too close.  I figured I found the 'mom' and all was
well.  About 3 hours later she dropped a pair of twins, she still is
protecting the first one and taking care of all three.  Can Jacobs have
triplets?   I was under the assumption that singles and twins were the
norm. And can she have one and birth two more three hours later?

Victor Zdeb
zdeb at eoni.com