[Jacob-list] Lambs

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Thu Feb 24 21:49:49 EST 2005

I have a quad ewe in my flock and some triplet producers, so yes - they can have triplets and more.  The first time we had triplets (this was one of our original meat breed sheep), she had one and it was three hours later before the final triplet came.  She was never in any distress and cleaned the first one while waiting for the next two (she did not, however, allow the first guy to nurse until the other two were born). I haven't any lamb stealing in my flock, but it sure does happen.

Linda
www.patchworkfibers.com