[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stcroft at ptd.net
Fri Dec 30 09:08:45 EST 2005

I also enjoy sitting with my sheep......I have one old girl, Amity Lou,  who loves when I join them in the meadow.....she leans up against me for scratches and petting, and usually ends up laying down right up against me.....and woe on anyone else who wants some attention - she is totally a spoiled child!!   I am very much against freckling in my sheep - a trait I just can't stand and usually cull - and Amity Lou is incredibly freckled -- and I can't bear to get rid of her because she is so much of a pet!!!  (Do you think she knows and is just "kissing up"???)  I would encourage any of you shepherds out there who may be suffering from the stressors of everyday living to simply spend more time with your sheep, sitting with them, talking to them, scratching ears, etc. -- it works better than Prozac and the only side effect is smelling like  a sheep!!!

Sue Martin

Stonecroft Manor
"The meadows are clothed with flocks of sheep...They all shout and sing for joy!"
Psa. 65:13