[Jacob-list] deck chair and jacobs

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Thu Dec 29 17:54:46 EST 2005

I went to a lambing clinic about 12 years ago and we used a deck chair.  The sacrificial lamb was a retired show lamb (Suffolk) and had been trained to push against you when you pushed her back.  The breeder giving the clinic said it would have much easier to get her into the chair if she hadn't been a show lamb.  It did take some muscle, but it was doable and she was alot bigger than my Jacobs.  Once in the chair, she was completely docile.  I can see that horns might be a problem.  I can't envision an adult ram in there, but maybe a ewe.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com