[Jacob-list] deck chair and Jacobs

gordon johnston gordon at westergladstone.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 18:51:44 EST 2005

Hi Ralene
We have used these deck chair things for Jacobs but only with two people.  Over here our Jacobs are bigger and we did find some problems. First, they were very difficult to get into the chair - you had to sort of trip them backwards into it and they would tend to get one leg twisted as they landed.  Then they were so heavy that the metalwork was in danger of buckling. Then they would use their horns to wriggle themselves round and hop out - hence the second person to hold the head still.  They were not too bad with Shetlands which are hornless ; Hebrideans, which are horned but smaller than even American Jacobs, did still tend to extricate themselves.  In the end we found it easier just to tip them the usual way onto their bottoms for foot work and the deckchair has not been used for several years.
Juliet in Scotland
ps - did you get my direct email about a week ago ?