[Jacob-list] suitability of wethers as pets?

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 13:10:21 EST 2005

        I have a friend I used to work with that has goats now and is considering a few Jacobs as pets.  I have a perfect ewe for her - my festival, parade, fair goer - but just one now,  Should I even be recommending she consider a wether as a companion, in case Traci has a ram?

  What kind of experience do those with wether fleece flocks have with these guys?  I can walk among my ewes in the pasture or pen or anywhere with safety.  Can one do so in a wether flock or do these guys pose a threat to the unwary shapherd?

  Thank you.

http://mail.yahoo.com