[Jacob-list] Custom mixed feed?

Susan Roenke oliveoyl_123 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 20 21:11:26 EDT 2005

Do any of you have your feed custom mixed? The feed from Agway is getting
expensive now that our herd is gettting bigger...I have been talking with
the farmer we get our hay from and he can mix us what we want. He said most
people have found 4:1 of corn to soybeans works good for their sheep and
goats.  We have both also.  We would leave it whole.  Do we need to add
vitamins and minerals?  Mollasses? I have been trying to do some research
and not getting too much info, except on the Cornell website which is near
us.
Thanks for any help!
Sue and Marie