[Jacob-list] Bald Spot

CARL FOSBRINK carlfosbrink at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 20:23:46 EDT 2005

If there is a bump where the bald spot is there could be pus in it from an injury such as another ram butting him. If this is the case it will need to be lanced and the pus removed and the wound covered with something like Wound Coat.

spotted_sheep at bluefrog.com wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> One of my rams has a bald spot about the size of a half dollar on his
> side located immediately above his right leg. Does anyone have any
> ideas as to what this might be and treatment options? He appears to
> feel fine.
>
> Beth
> Showphar

Hi, does your ram have lice? i had a ewe that had lice and she had bald
spots, and my goats pulled the wool off my sheep once so that they had
bald spots.