[Jacob-list] How do I lower a fever

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Aug 15 18:39:23 EDT 2005

Excellent point!  Thermometers are cheap and taking temps provide vital information when we're trying to decide if we have a problem or not and what sort of problem.  I recently got a call from a person that said a sheep had a high fever and was throwing up.  Sounds pretty bad!  Turns out he was guessing at the fever (it was close to 100 that day at his place) and she had choked up some corn while eating.  I use a digital thermometer I found at Walmart for $8.  The shaft is flexible and unbreakable.  The feature that I find the most useful is that it beeps every second as long as it is reading and then beeps really fast when it has a final reading.  If I'm taking a temp without any help,  I have a hard time holding the sheep while looking under her tail to be sure the thermometer is still there.  As long as I hear that beep every second, I know it's in place.

Linda
Getting ready for 2006 lambs!
www.patchworkfibers.com